Eckhard Beger, born in Geneva, Switzerland, designs and creates contemporary art furniture. His works have been the recipients of renowned international design awards. He founded ArteNemus for the design, realization and distribution of his creations.
Beger’s approach is multi-faceted, blending creativity with structure. His aesthetic identity is influenced by his European cultural heritage, his passion for foreign cultures and by extensive travel throughout the world, notably Asia.
Through his innate sense of shapes and proportions, he translates harmonious curves into accomplished organic creations, thus overcoming the aesthetic limitations of plane surfaces and straight lines. As a musician himself, who plays an Ignacio Fleta & Hijos guitar made from Indian Rosewood, Eckhard Beger feels that aesthetic and musical harmony go hand in hand.
Beger’s works are based on the formal association of exotic wood species and art craftsmanship. According to him, exotic wood species are a reflection of the diversity of the 5 continents of this world. Their selection and combination emphasize the three-dimensional character of his creations. His attention to detail and appreciation for art craftsmanship was heightened through his professional experience in the world of fine watch making which is expressed in his works, each notable for their perfect finish and tactile nature.
In emphasizing aesthetics, Beger opens the door to a new understated and sensual design language, naturally inviting contemplation and discovery.
In addition to his musical education at the Geneva Music Conservatory, Eckhard Beger holds an MSc from ETHZ and an MBA from INSEAD.
- Exhibition “Venice Design 2017” in the context of the Venice Art Biennale at Palazzo Michiel from 13 Mai to 26 November 2017
- Exhibition “Venice Design 2016” in the context of the 15th Architecture Biennale at Palazzo Michiel from 28 Mai to 27 November 2016
- Exhibition “Quasi segreti” at Poldi Pezzoli Museum, Milan/Italy from 15 March to 25 April 2016
- European Product Design Award 2017 :
Silver Prize Winner for Literis
- London International Creative Competition 2016 :
Artist of the Year Award for Literis
Honorable Mention Award for Literis Lux
- European Cultural Center Design Award 2016
Shortlist for ECC Award
- International Design Award, USA 2016 :
Third Prize for Literis
- A’Design Awards (Italy) 2016-2017 :
Bronze Award for Literis
Bronze Award for Literis Lux
- International Design Award, USA 2016
Second Prize for Shift
- London International Creative Competition 2015 :
Shortlist Award for Shift
- A’Design Awards (Italy) 2015-2016 :
Iron Award for Shift
- London International Creative Competition 2014 :
Finalists Award for Labyrinth
Shortlist Award for Torso F&M
- A’Design Awards (Italy) 2014-2015 :
Silver Award for Labyrinth
- International Design Award (USA) 2014 :
Third Prize for Labyrinth
- London International Creative Competition 2013 :
Finalists Award for Octopia
Honorable Mention Award for Galaxia
- A’Design Awards (Italy) 2013-2014 :
Bronze Award for Octopia
- International Design Award (USA) 2013 :
Second Prize for Octopia
- London International Creative Competition 2012 :
Finalists Award for Commodia
- A’Design Awards (Italy) 2012-2013 :
Bronze Award for Commodia
- International Design Award (USA) 2012 :
First Prize for Commodia